Elected Real Estate Tax Collector:
Kathleen B. Brewer (Term expires: 2015)
Real Estate Tax Collector Office:
- 3628 Matilda St., Beaver Falls, PA 15010 | 724-847-3883
- Office hours: Wednesdays, 5pm to 7pm; last Saturday of the month, 9am-12pm
The Borough Tax Collector receives:
- Borough Real Estate Tax
- School District Real Estate Tax
- School District Per Capita Tax.
Property owners are responsible for three (3) real estate tax obligations:
- January: County real estate taxes are collected at the Court House by the County Treasurer.
- April: Borough real estate taxes are collected by the Borough Real Estate Tax Collector.
- July: The Blackhawk School Tax is collected by the Borough Real Estate Tax Collector.
Note: Borough residents may pay each of these taxes at a discount for two (2) months, or at face for two (2) months, or residents must pay a penalty until the end of the year. All unpaid real estate taxes are reported by January 6th of the following year in which they are due.
Residents must write separate checks for each tax, which are deposited into separate accounts. Both portions of your tax bill must be sent in with your payment. Include a self-addressed stamped envelope to receive a stamped and signed receipt back by mail. Receipts may be obtained by visiting the tax office.
Changes in mailing address must be made through the County Assessment office. The change will be reflected on the following year’s taxes if made by October 15th.
Please notify the Borough Tax office if there are any changes in your tax status.
Homestead/Farmstead Exemption Program
All residents who own the home or mobile home in which they live are advised to enroll in the Homestead/Farmstead Exemption Program. This program uses gambling revenue to reduce your School Real Estate taxes. Open enrollment is from December 15th through March 1st. Applications can be obtained at the County Assessment Office, on the County web site, or by calling 724-770-4800.
In 2012, West Mayfield Borough’s tax rates were Local Millage: 13.7500, School District Millage: 54.9400
Borough Per Capita and Occupational Assessment Taxes
The Borough Per Capita and Occupational Assessment Taxes are collected by Berkheimer, a tax collection corporation.
Beginning January 1, 2012, Act 32 requires all employers to withhold Earned Income Tax from all of their employees and remit these withholdings to the Beaver County Collector, Berkheimer. Every employee must fill out a Residency Form that will declare where they reside and the percentage of their Municipalities’ withholding. All forms and instructions can be obtained from Berkheimer.
- Website: www.hab.inc.com
- Phone: 1-800-360-8989 | Pittsburgh: 412-881-3075.
- PO Box 25144, Lehigh Valley, PA 18002